Diabetes Management Clinic
Make the most of your health and wellness.
What is the Diabetes Management Clinic?
If you're living with diabetes, London Drugs Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs) are your partners. London Drugs has one of the highest proportions of CDEs of all pharmacies in Canada. Our CDEs are available to assist you in managing the disease by guiding you through recommendations for therapy.
Your London Drugs CDEs offer one-on-one consultations specific to your needs. They can discuss blood sugar testing, medication management, preventing low blood sugar, foot care, eating well, getting enough physical activity, and more. Services are available in a variety of languages, including Punjabi, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Korean (at select locations).
London Drugs can also assist you with meter downloads and safe, environmentally friendly diabetes needle disposal.
How will you benefit from a Diabetes Management Clinic?
During this 60-minute clinic, a London Drugs CDE can be a bridge between you and the rest of your diabetes care team, helping you to:
- Build your defenses against long-term complications of diabetes, which may include heart disease, kidney disease, digestive problems, erectile dysfunction, and depression
- Interpret blood sugar patterns so you can better manage your diabetes
- Discuss your diabetes medications in relation to other medications you may be taking
- Discuss the basics of healthy eating, physical activity guidelines, foot care, and more
- Communicate with other members of your diabetes team
- Learn about insulin adjustment and how to safely inject insulin
- Download blood glucose meter tests and print out your test result
Find out about specially trained CDEs who are experts in insulin pump therapy, and get referral to one if necessary. Specially trained CDEs practice in the following London Drugs locations:
- Spall Plaza #400 - 1950 Harvey Avenue Kelowna V1Y 8J8 BC 250-860-2232
- Coquitlam Centre #1030 - 2929 Barnet Hwy Coquitlam V3B 5R5 BC 604-464-3322
- West Oaks Mall #26 - 32700 South Fraser Way Abbotsford V2T 4M5 BC 604-853-6811
- Langley 1B - 20202 - 66th Ave Langley V2Y 1P3 BC 604-533-4631
- Jasper Gates 14951 Stony Plain Road Edmonton T5P 4W1 AB 780-483-8404
- West Edmonton Mall #1494 - 8882 170th Street Edmonton T5T 4M2 AB 780-444-1794
- London Place West 300 - 5255 Richmond Rd S.W. Calgary T3E 7C4 AB 403-240-1235
- Brentwood Village Mall 3630 Brentwood Road N.W. Calgary T2L 1K8 AB 403-289-4512
- Lansdowne Village #216 - 450 Lansdowne St Kamloops V2C 1Y3 BC 250-372-3445
- Centre Village Mall #65 - 1240 2A Avenue North Lethbridge T1H 0E4 AB 403-320-5151
- Beddington Towne Centre #400 - 8120 Beddington Blvd N.W. Calgary T3K 2A8 AB 403-275-4804
- Cottonwood Mall #21 - 45585 Luckakuck Way Chilliwack V2R 1A1 BC 604-858-8347
- Colwood Corners Shopping Centre 1907 Sooke Road Victoria V9B 1V8 BC 250-474-6657
- Medicine Hat #104 - 3201 13th Avenue S.E. Medicine Hat T1B 1E2 AB 403-580-4103
- First Regina East 2072 Prince of Wales Drive Regina S4V 3A6 SK 306-546-1600
- Royal Oak Centre 500 - 8888 Country Hills Blvd N.W. Calgary T3G 5T4 AB 403-275-4298
- Broadway & Vine 2230 West Broadway Vancouver V6K 2E3 BC 604-742-6000
- Westbank 2151 Louie Drive Westbank V4T 3E6 BC 250-707-2360
- Duncan 119 Trans Canada Hwy Duncan V9L 3P8 BC 250-701-6220
- Windermere 6048 Currents Drive N.W. Edmonton T6W 0L7 AB 780-430-3980
- Airdrie #110 - 2781 Main Street S.W. Airdrie T4B 3S6 AB 587-775-0336
- High Street Mall Unit L 110 - 3122 Mt Lehman Rd Abbotsford V2T 0C5 BC 604-870-3790
- Get a referral to other health care professionals when necessary
What to know before your Diabetes Management Clinic visit
Be sure to bring the following items to your appointment:
- Medications you're taking (both prescription and non-prescription)
- A log of your blood glucose values
- Blood glucose meter and related supplies
- Insulin supplies and equipment, if currently on insulin therapy
- A family member to interpret if necessary
How to book a visit to a Diabetes Management Clinic
Call your local London Drugs pharmacy to find out where you can book an appointment.There is a nominal fee to attend this clinic. A tax receipt can be issued upon request.