The pharmacy is still the heart of our business.
What types of diabetes services does London Drugs offer?
Select London Drugs locations are staffed with Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs), healthcare professionals with national certification* as experts in diabetes. CDEs can work together with you and your family to make living with diabetes easier and healthier.
London Drugs CDEs offer one-on-one consultations specific to your needs. Services are available in a variety of languages, including Punjabi, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Korean (at select locations).
Your London Drugs CDEs offer one-on-one consultations to discuss blood sugar testing, medication management, preventing low blood sugar, foot care, eating well, getting enough physical activity, and more.
CDEs can be a bridge between you and the rest of your diabetes care team, helping you to:
- Prevent long-term complications of diabetes
- Interpret your blood sugar patterns
- Review your medication routines
- Communicate with other members of your diabetes team
- Learn to safely inject insulin and use insulin pump therapy
- Facilitate specialist referrals if necessary
Additionally, London Drugs can assist you with meter downloads and safe, environmentally friendly diabetes needle disposal.
How to use the diabetes education service at London Drugs
- Book an appointment. Diabetes education appointments can be scheduled at select London Drugs locations. Call your local London Drugs pharmacy to find out where you can book an appointment. This will give you a chance to prepare any specific concerns or questions you'd like to discuss. A consultation fee may apply, and a tax receipt will be issued for your records.
Prepare for your medication review. Be sure to bring the following items to your appointment:
- Medications you're taking (both prescription and non-prescription)
- Log of your blood glucose values
- Blood glucose meter and related supplies
- Insulin supplies and equipment, if currently on insulin therapy
- Family member to interpret if necessary