The pharmacy is still the heart of our business.
What is a medication review?
A medication review is a personalized service pharmacists provide to patients to examine and discuss issues around medication use, side effects, interactions, and anything else related to your medication therapy, with the goal of ensuring you are on safe and effective treatments.
How you'll benefit from a London Drugs medication review
Pharmacists at any London Drugs location can perform a medication review during pharmacy hours. During your London Drugs medication review, your pharmacist will take 30 minutes to an hour to examine and discuss your current prescription medications as well as any over-the-counter medications and herbal remedies you use.
Your pharmacist will be looking to make sure your medication is safe for you and that you are on the most appropriate therapy. Things to be discussed include:
- How to organize multiple medications and complex dosing instructions to minimize drug interactions and ensure maximum effectiveness
- How to reduce or manage side effects
- Potential drug interactions with other drugs, over-the-counter products, or other dietary considerations (example: labels that warn "Do not take with milk")
Your pharmacist will also follow up with your physician to communicate any issues identified through the medication review.
How to use the medication review service
Watch video: Book a medication review within the London Drugs App
- Set up an appointment. A medication review can be performed at any London Drugs location during pharmacy hours. One option is to ask a London Drugs pharmacy staff member at the time you have your prescriptions filled. You can also call ahead to your London Drugs location to book a medication review appointment. This will give you a chance to gather your current medications and think of any questions you'd like to ask.
- Prepare for your medication review. Be sure to bring along all of your prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, and any herbal remedies you currently take. This will help give your pharmacist a comprehensive view of your medication routines.