The pharmacy is still the heart of our business.
What is a Smoking Cessation Consultation?
A London Drugs Smoking Cessation Consultation is a 30-minute, one-on-one session between you and a specially trained London Drugs pharmacist. Together, you will:
- Assess your current smoking habits
- Identify your personal smoking triggers
- Explore information on the health risks of smoking and the benefits of quitting
- Develop a smoking cessation action plan
- Discuss over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapies and prescription medications as appropriate to help you quit
How will you benefit from a Smoking Cessation Consultation?
Quitting smoking reduces your risk of smoking-related illness and increases your life expectancy, no matter how old you are when you quit. London Drugs Smoking Cessation Consultation helps you reach these positive outcomes.
- Your visit will be personalized. Over the course of your 30-minute, one-on-one session, a specially trained London Drugs pharmacist focuses on your unique set of habits, triggers, and barriers to quitting. This paves the way for creating an action plan that is tailored to your personal smoking cessation needs.
- Your visit will be comprehensive. London Drugs pharmacists can recommend helpful smoking cessation aids. And in Alberta, pharmacists can even prescribe prescription medications to help you quit.
- Your ongoing efforts to quit smoking will be supported. Participants will take home a Quit Smoking Journal, a smoking cessation information brochure, and a customized smoking cessation plan. After one month of following the quitting plan, you can arrange a follow-up visit to the pharmacist to assess where you are on the path to becoming smoke-free.
What to know before your Smoking Cessation Consultation visit
- A consultation generally takes about 30 minutes.
- There is no charge for this consultation.
- Be sure to bring along all of your prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, and any herbal remedies you currently take. This will help give your pharmacist a comprehensive view of your medication routine.
How to book a visit to a Smoking Cessation Consultation
Smoking Cessation Consultations are available at all London Drugs locations. Call your local London Drugs to ask when and where you can attend a consultation.