Healthy Heart Clinic
Make the most of your health and wellness.
What is a Healthy Heart Clinic?
A London Drugs Healthy Heart Clinic is a 45-minute one-on-one consultation between you and a Patient Care Pharmacist. Together, you will discuss heart health and your unique risk profile, with the aim of setting you up for a plan to reduce your risks and improve your health.
How will you benefit from a Healthy Heart Clinic?
Heart disease is the second leading cause of death in Canada. Often there are no symptoms until the underlying disease has progressed. For this reason, routine screening is important. The London Drugs Healthy Heart Clinic is a simple, convenient, and affordable way to get the screening you need.
- Your appointment will be comprehensive. During your clinic visit, a London Drugs Patient Care Pharmacist will take several measurements (blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol levels) in order to assess your likelihood of developing heart disease. Through this, you will find out the factors that put you at risk and discuss how to minimize these risks.
- Your appointment is individualized. Together with your London Drugs Patient Care Pharmacist, you can focus on the lifestyle changes you need and that you're ready to make. This might include changes to your diet and fitness routines or to your habits around smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Your appointment is collaborative. If necessary, your pharmacist will contact your physician to recommend changes to your medication regimen that will benefit your long-term heart health.
What to know before your Healthy Heart Clinic visit
- Be sure to bring along all of your prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, and any herbal remedies you currently take. This will help give your pharmacist a comprehensive view of your medication routine.
- Also note that during your clinic visit, your London Drugs Patient Care Pharmacist will measure your weight, height, blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol. NOTE: Do not exercise, smoke, or drink caffeinated beverages for about 30 minutes before your appointment time, as these things can affect your blood pressure reading.
How to book a visit to a Healthy Heart Clinic
The Healthy Heart Clinics take place at select London Drugs locations. Book your appointment online or call your local London Drugs to ask when and where you can attend. NOTE: Healthy Heart Clinics most often held in March and April of each year. Fees apply and vary depending on location. A tax receipt can be issued upon request.