Nutrition and Healthy Weight Clinic
Make the most of your health and wellness.
What is a Nutrition and Healthy Weight Clinic?
The London Drugs Nutrition and Healthy Weight Clinic is a 45-minute, one-on-one consultation between you and a specially trained London Drugs Patient Care Pharmacist. The clinic includes:
- A body composition analysis to determine your basal metabolic rate (BMR), which is the number of calories you burn at rest
- A personalized care plan to help you create realistic nutrition and weight goals
- An assessment of your dietary habits and how to develop a nutritious eating plan
- Discussion on how weight affects health and how physical activity helps keep you healthy
How will you benefit from a Nutrition and Healthy Weight Clinic?
This clinic was developed by a team of dietitians, pharmacists, and a physician to add new value to your London Drugs experience.
Your clinic visit will be comprehensive. Your pharmacist can address a range of issues; including choosing balanced meals, how to eat regularly, limiting empty calories, and eating wisely when dining out. He or she can also get you on the path to reduce fat, cholesterol, and sodium if your health requires. Your need for supplements will also be assessed.
Your clinic visit will be individualized. Using the Tania Body Composition Analyzer, your pharmacist will measure your body fat and muscle composition and compare it to your age range averages. Knowing your body composition can help you set realistic fitness goals for building muscle or reducing fat.
Your clinic visit will be collaborative. Follow-up is available if requested, and your pharmacist can share any recommendations and medication or lifestyle changes with your physician. You may also be referred to other experts, like a local dietitian, to help you stick to your health goals.
What to know before your Nutrition and Healthy Weight Clinic visit
- You will need to complete a screening form before attending.
- There is a $15 fee to attend this clinic. A tax receipt can be issued upon request.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time in order to complete some paperwork.
- Bring along all of your prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, and any herbal remedies you currently take. This will help give your pharmacist a comprehensive view of your medication routines.
- In preparation for the body composition analysis, please avoid intense exercise 12 hours before the test and eating or drinking (especially caffeinated products) 4 hours before the test. Also, be sure to empty your bladder 30 minutes before the test.
How to book a visit to a Nutrition and Healthy Weight Clinic
Schedule your clinic visit. The Nutrition and Healthy Weight Clinics take place in January and February at select London Drugs locations. Book your appointment online or call your local London Drugs to ask when and where you can attend.
NOTE: Due to tests required, it is best to schedule your clinic visit at least 3 hours after your usual waking time. You will be asked to complete a screening form upon booking. Customers with complex medical conditions may not be suitable for this clinic.
Book a clinic appointment