Ascensia Diabetes Care
Switch it up and get a fresh start with the CONTOUR®NEXT family of meters!
SPECIAL OFFER: Get a FREE^ CONTOUR®NEXT or CONTOUR®NEXT ONE blood glucose meter with purchase of test strips and for a limited time, you will get a FREE foldable ROOTSTM backpack worth $30!
How do I redeem the offer?
- Get your new CONTOUR®NEXT ONE or CONTOUR®NEXT meter and a promotional coupon at your local London Drugs pharmacy.
- Contact 1-800-268-7200 or visit www.ascensiadiabetes.ca/roots and tell us how you plan to use your foldable ROOTSTM backpack to get your unique promo code.
- Find the serial number on the back of your new CONTOUR®NEXT or CONTOUR®NEXT ONE blood glucose meter.
- Create a Contour Care Community account and register your blood glucose meter with your unique promo code.
- Done! Your foldable ROOTSTM backpack will arrive in approximately 6-8 weeks.
- Seamlessly connects with the CONTOUR®DIABETES app
- The most accurate system developed by Ascensia Diabetes Care, with blood glucose readings that are within + 8.4% to lab results††,§,1,ο
- The smartLIGHT feature tells you whether you are within, above, or below your target range with just a flash of a coloured light.
- Second-Chance® sampling allows you to apply more blood to the same test strip within 60 seconds if you don’t get enough the first time.
- My patterns! feature can detect different patterns in your blood glucose readings and help you learn about the possible causes behind them.
CONTOUR®NEXT product features:
- Highly accurate blood glucose readings that are within ±10%‡,3, of the lab reading.
- Self-guided for an easy testing experience.
- Simple, plain language messages with no codes or abbreviations.
- Second-chance® sampling lets you apply blood to the same test strip within 30 seconds if you don’t get enough the first time.
Other helpful links
- CONTOUR®NEXT ONE and CONTOUR®NEXT Training video – see how easy it is to test your blood sugar with the CONTOUR®NEXT ONE or CONTOUR®NEXT meters
®/TM see ascensiadiabetes.ca/tm-mc. Legal terms: ^Offer valid until February 28, 2022. Limited to one redemption per household with a new CONTOUR®NEXT ONE or CONTOUR®NEXT meter and CONTOUR®NEXT blood glucose test strips purchased within the offer period (while supplies last). Complimentary item may vary from displayed image and is provided “as is” and without any warranties offered by Ascensia. In no event shall Ascensia Diabetes Care Inc. be liable for any damages arising from this complimentary item. Patients should consult with their health care provider prior to making any changes to treatment regimen.
Δ Pharmacy Practice + Business and Profession Santé 2021 Survey on OTC Counselling and Recommendations (re: pharmacists).
† The survey relates to the brand, not specific blood glucose meter models.
ο Current regulation based on Health Canada recognized ISO 15197:2013 standard requires results within ±15% range, specifically: ≥95% of results must fall within ±0.83 mmol/L for blood glucose concentrations <5.55 mmol/L and within ±15% for blood glucose concentrations ≥5.55 mmol/L.2
†† CONTOUR®NEXT ONE meter meets ±10% accuracy vs. laboratory method, specifically: 97.4% of results within ±10% for blood glucose concentrations ≥5.55 mmol/L, and 100% of results within ±0.56 mmol/L accuracy vs. laboratory method for blood glucose concentrations <5.55 mmol/L.
‡CONTOUR®NEXT meter meets ±10% accuracy vs. laboratory method, specifically: 98.1% of results within ±10% for blood glucose concentrations ≥5.55 mmol/L, and 99.4% of results within ±0.56 mmol/L accuracy vs. laboratory method for blood glucose concentrations <5.55 mmol/L3.
§ In a clinical study, conducted in accordance with the requirements of ISO 15197:2013, the CONTOUR®NEXT ONE not only met and exceeded the minimum requirements of the standard but an ad hoc analysis determined where 95% of results fell during the study, which was within ±0.47 mmol/L or ±8.4% of the laboratory reference value for glucose concentrations <5.55 mmol/L or ≥5.55 mmol/L, respectively, when tested via subject obtained capillary fingertip results (patients).1
- Christiansen, M. et al. A New, Wireless-enabled Blood Glucose Monitoring System That Links to a Smart Mobile Device: Accuracy and User Performance Evaluation. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2017;11(3):567-573.
- International Organization for Standardization. In vitro diagnostic test systems – requirements for blood-glucose monitoring systems for self-testing in managing diabetes mellitus (ISO 15197). Geneva. Switzerland. International Organization for Standardization. 2013.
- Bernstein, R. et al. (2013). A New Test Strip Technology Platform for Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, 7(5), 1386-1399.