Ascensia Diabetes Care
Your health and safety is our priority.
SPECIAL OFFER: Get a new complimentary Personal Care Kit with a new CONTOUR®NEXT ONE or CONTOUR®NEXT blood glucose meter**!
Your complimentary Personal Care Kit will include the following great items:
- 1 Reusable carry pouch
- 1 Reusable non-medical mask
- 2 pairs of single-use, non-medical gloves
- 1 silicone face mask extension hook
- 1 Touch Tool
- Coupon for $2.00 off a MICROLET® lancets
- “Refer a friend” free meter coupon
How do I redeem the offer?
- Get your new CONTOUR®NEXT ONE or CONTOUR®NEXT meter and a promotional coupon at your local London Drugs pharmacy.
- Contact 1-800-268-7200 or visit www.ascensiadiabetes.ca/kit to redeem the offer.
- Find the serial number on the back of your new CONTOUR®NEXT or CONTOUR®NEXT ONE blood glucose meter.
- Create a Contour Care Community account and register your blood glucose meter with your Personal Care Kit redemption code.
- That’s it! Your Personal Care Kit will arrive in approximately 4-6 weeks.
- Seamlessly connects with the CONTOUR®DIABETES app
- The most accurate system developed by Ascensia Diabetes Care, with blood glucose readings that are within + 8.4% to lab results††,§,1,ο
- The smartLIGHT feature tells you whether you are within, above, or below your target range with just a flash of a coloured light.
- Second-Chance® sampling allows you to apply more blood to the same test strip within 60 seconds if you don’t get enough the first time.
- My patterns! feature can detect different patterns in your blood glucose readings and help you learn about the possible causes behind them.
CONTOUR®NEXT product features:
- Highly accurate blood glucose readings that are within ±10%‡,3, of the lab reading.
- Self-guided for an easy testing experience.
- Simple, plain language messages with no codes or abbreviations.
- Second-chance® sampling lets you apply blood to the same test strip within 30 seconds if you don’t get enough the first time.
Other helpful links
- CONTOUR®NEXT ONE Training video – see how easy it is to test your blood sugar with the CONTOUR®NEXT ONE meter and app system
®/TM see ascensiadiabetes.ca/tm-mc. Legal terms: *Offer valid until December 31, 2020 (while supplies last). Limited to one redemption per person. The products in this kit are not certified for medical use. Kit content may vary and are provided “as is” and without any warranties offered by Ascensia. Ascensia Diabetes Care Inc. makes no express or implied warranties with respect to these materials. No claims, representation or warranties, whether expressed or implied are made by Ascensia Diabetes Care Inc., as to the safety, reliability, durability and performance of any of these products. In no event shall Ascensia Diabetes Care Inc. be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or connected with use or misuse of the products included in this kit.**with the purchase of CONTOUR®NEXT Test strip 100s.
Δ Pharmacy Practice + Business and Profession Santé 2020 Survey on OTC Counselling and Recommendations (re: pharmacists).
† The survey relates to the brand, not specific blood glucose meter models.
ο Current regulation based on Health Canada recognized ISO 15197:2013 standard requires results within ±15% range, specifically: ≥95% of results must fall within ±0.83 mmol/L for blood glucose concentrations <5.55 mmol/L and within ±15% for blood glucose concentrations ≥5.55 mmol/L.2
†† CONTOUR®NEXT ONE meter meets ±10% accuracy vs. laboratory method, specifically: 97.4% of results within ±10% for blood glucose concentrations ≥5.55 mmol/L, and 100% of results within ±0.56 mmol/L accuracy vs. laboratory method for blood glucose concentrations <5.55 mmol/L.
‡CONTOUR®NEXT meter meets ±10% accuracy vs. laboratory method, specifically: 98.1% of results within ±10% for blood glucose concentrations ≥5.55 mmol/L, and 99.4% of results within ±0.56 mmol/L accuracy vs. laboratory method for blood glucose concentrations <5.55 mmol/L3.
§ In a clinical study, conducted in accordance with the requirements of ISO 15197:2013, the CONTOUR®NEXT ONE not only met and exceeded the minimum requirements of the standard but an ad hoc analysis determined where 95% of results fell during the study, which was within ±0.47 mmol/L or ±8.4% of the laboratory reference value for glucose concentrations <5.55 mmol/L or ≥5.55 mmol/L, respectively, when tested via subject obtained capillary fingertip results (patients).1
- Christiansen, M. et al. A New, Wireless-enabled Blood Glucose Monitoring System That Links to a Smart Mobile Device: Accuracy and User Performance Evaluation. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2017;11(3):567-573.
- International Organization for Standardization. In vitro diagnostic test systems – requirements for blood-glucose monitoring systems for self-testing in managing diabetes mellitus (ISO 15197). Geneva. Switzerland. International Organization for Standardization. 2013.
- Bernstein, R. et al. (2013). A New Test Strip Technology Platform for Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, 7(5), 1386-1399.